Following the guidelines of the Iowa Department of Public Health, Prevention services at The Project of Primary Health Care will be modified as follows:
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance by calling (515) 248-1595. We will not be doing online scheduling at this time.
- The Project of Primary Health Care is unable to accommodate walk-in appointments for HIV/STI testing while we adjust our clinic schedule around COVID-19. An announcement will be made when walk-in services for HIV/STI testing are available again.
- All Tuesday evening clinic appointments are canceled and Tuesday evening clinic is closed until further notice
- STI testing will be limited to those persons who are experiencing active STI symptoms
- Prevention PrEP visits are currently being modified. Contact Prevention at the phone number below to make arrangements to continue your PrEP prescription
- For persons who may have experienced an exposure to HIV, are not on PrEP, and the partner with whom they had sex has a detectable viral load, contact us directly to make arrangements for testing and treatment
Patients are encouraged to maintain social distancing in their personal lives. Social distancing contributes to your sexual health. We suggest limiting new partners, practicing risk reduction methods including condom and lube use, and not sharing needles until the present crisis passes.
The front desk at Primary Health Care will no longer be scheduling appointments or answering questions. Call the Project at (515) 248-1595 and ask to speak to the Prevention Specialist on duty for all scheduling questions, and HIV and PrEP prevention concerns.
The Prevention team will work closely with medical staff to maintain ALL PrEP prescriptions. If you decide to not have sex during this time, you do not need to take PrEP. If you decide to be sexually active again, begin taking PrEP daily at least one week before becoming sexually active.