WelcomeEast Side Medical Campus
East Side Clinic provides
- General Medical & Preventative Care
- check-ups, physicals
- chronic disease mangement
- Integrated Behavioral Health Services
- depression and anxiety screening
- psychiatric medication management
- Family Planning (Title X)
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Care
- prenatal and postpartum care
- annual reproductive health exam
- Supportive Services
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
PHC will see patients regardless of ability to pay.
The PHC East Side campus also houses our internal medicine residency program, a specialty health clinic, a wellness center, and a therapeutic garden.
Make PHC Your Medical Home!
A medical home uses a team based approach to your medical care to achieve the best possible health outcome.
3509 E 29th Street
Des Moines, IA 50317
Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
PHC provides affordable, comprehensive, and confidential family planning services, education and reproductive health care to clients in Des Moines’ east side and surrounding areas.
- Annual reproductive exams (all genders)
- Birth control – all methods available, including LARCS such as IUD and birth control implants
- Emergency contraception
- HIV testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing
- STI (sexually transmitted infection) testing and treatment
- Other health issues related to sexual health
No one is denied services due to inability to pay. Title X funding enables us to offer our services to you on a sliding fee scale.
Internal Medicine Residency Program
The ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program at Mercy Medical Center has partnered with Primary Heath Care, Inc., to form the Iowa Medical Education Collaborative (IMEC) to enhance graduate medical opportunities in Iowa.
IMEC is the Internal Medicine Residency sponsor. Inpatient services and program management are conducted by Mercy Medical Center in coordination with the ambulatory care experiences with Primary Health Care, Inc., and other affiliated Mercy physicians.
Click on a provider’s name to learn more about them.
An IowaHealth Center