(Updated: May 21, 2021) PHC offers a drive-through respiratory clinic to see patients experiencing fever, cough, and shortness of breath. It is open Monday through Friday, (see locations below for updated hours).
About the clinic:
- It is for the evaluation of patients with respiratory symptoms only. If needed, tests for influenza and strep are available.
- Patients will remain in their cars during this visit as this location has a garage with doors on both the north and south side, allowing patients to drive through.
- All patients will be seen (whether they are a current PHC patient or not).
- Patients will not be guaranteed a COVID-19 test. They will be tested if symptoms indicate, according to IDPH guidelines.
In Des Moines, the respiratory clinic is located just south of the Bery Engebretsen Clinic at 2401 SE 14th Street in Des Moines.
Monday – Friday = 8AM – 12PM
- Kids (Scheduled days 3PM – 5PM)
- Adults (5PM – 9PM)
No appointment is necessary.
(Updated March 16, 2021) In Marshalltown, the respiratory clinic is located at PHC’s Medical Clinic.
Please call (641) 753-4021 for appointments and hours.
Patients seen at our respiratory clinics are not guaranteed a COVID-19 test. Individuals will be tested only if their symptoms and other criteria meet the established guidelines by the Iowa Department of Public Health.
This is not a Test Iowa site and your visit with a healthcare provider is not free. The test itself is free, but not the visit.
Patients will not be turned away due to inability to pay and our health benefits specialist team can help those needing assistance.