Thanksgiving presents us with a great opportunity to increase our feelings of gratitude for everything in our lives. This is wonderful for our stress levels as well as our relationships, our life satisfaction, and our overall health.
It doesn’t sound like much, but multiple studies show that the simple act of recording what we’re thankful for improves health and happiness. As we near the holiday season, we encourage you to take a few moments each day to reflect on what you are grateful for in your life.
- Name two people you’re thankful to have in your life. Why?
- What are three things that made you smile this week?
- List three things that make your life easier or better. How?
- Name three experiences that you were thankful for this week, however small.
- What’s one memory that you’re grateful to have? Why?