Patients & Visitors
If you’re a patient, thank you for choosing Primary Health Care. If you’re seeking more information, we welcome and appreciate your consideration.
Billing & Financial Information
Maps & Directions
To make a medical or dental appointment, please call your preferred PHC clinic. Phone numbers and hours are listed on this site’s locations and contact pages.
What to bring to your medical/dental appointment
- Insurance or Medicaid card, if you are uninsured please make an appointment with a PHC health benefits specialist, as you may qualify for the sliding fee scale.
- You will be asked to complete new patient forms when you arrive. These can be completed in advance, see the “patient forms” link above. The forms become part of your chart which includes information such as your address, phone number, employment, and insurance carriers. Community health centers are required to collect demographic information, such as your gender, race, or sexual orientation.
- Bring all of the medications and vitamins or supplements you are currently taking. This will help your doctor make more informed decisions about your health.
Forms can be completed at the clinic or you may download in advance on this site’s “patient forms” page.
Billing & Financial Information
PHC will see all patients regardless of ability to pay. We accept all patients including those who are:
- Uninsured and need assistance applying for Medicare or other coverage
- Underinsured, those who have insurance but copays make it unaffordable
- Insured, we accept Medicare, Medicaid, Hawk-I, and private insurance
PHC will submit your claim to any private insurance company along with Medicare and Medicaid for you. Your insurance information must be submitted at the time of service.
PHC offers online bill statement and payment options. Click here to make a payment. If you have any questions please contact the Billing Department at (515) 280-4312.
If you have questions about your insurance, PHC’s sliding fee scale, need help with enrolling in Medicaid, or a plan from the Marketplace, our health benefits specialists can help.
PHC’s health benefits specialists understand the details and can help you better understand your benefits. Call any of our clinics today to speak with a trained health benefits specialist.
Primary Health Care (PHC) will not turn a patient away, regardless of ability to pay. PHC accepts most insurance plans. We have dedicated staff that will assist patients with the enrollment process. If you would like help enrolling in Medicaid or other insurance, please ask to speak to a health benefits specialist.
If you do not have insurance, please ask the clinic office specialist at your clinic about payment options based on the Sliding Fee Discount Schedule.
Sliding Fee Scale Program Policy
The sliding fee program allows us to reduce or “slide” the fees for the care of you or your family at PHC. You can apply for the program if you need assistance to help you pay for your care.
Eligibility is based on:
- You and/or your family’s income
- How many people are in your household
How to apply:
PHC patients can meet with a health benefits who will help you enroll in the sliding fee program. You will need to provide your most recent monthly household income to apply for the slide. It will be reviewed at least once per year. Individuals under age of 18 will need to provide proof of denial for Medicaid.
What is considered proof of income?
- The most recent tax return or W-2 form
- Pay stubs – most recent pay stub for the last full month
- Unemployment benefit statement
- Workmen’s comp benefit statement
- Other documentation of income
Patient Handbook (English)
Patient Handbook (Español)
HIPAA Privacy & Patient Consent (English & Español)
Privacy Notice (English)
Privacy Notice (Español)
Communication Consent (English)
Communication Consent (Español)
Release of Information Authorization (English)
Release of Information Authorization (Español)
Multi-Party Release of Information (English)
Multi-party release of information (Español)
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, providing an opportunity to shed light on a life-saving resource available to individuals experiencing suicidal crisis or mental health-related distress. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, formerly known as the...
Did you know Medicare patients are eligible to receive an annual wellness exam for free? It’s not a physical exam, but a 30 to 60 minute phone call or virtual meeting to discuss your health goals and ensure you are receiving the care you need. You’ll chat with PHC’s...
🌞 Summer Fun with the 5210 Challenge!As summer break begins, make the most of the free time with your family by taking part in the 5210 Challenge - Summer Edition! 🎉What is 5210Consume 5 or more servings of fruits or vegetables each day Incorporate a variety of...
As men, it's essential to prioritize our health and well-being. Regular check-ups are not just for when we're feeling unwell but are crucial for preventive care and early detection of potential health issues. By staying proactive and getting routine screenings, we can...
In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month, we’d like to introduce a member of Primary Health Care’s behavioral health care team, David Drustrup, Ph.D. He is a behavioral health therapist and psychology resident. Drustrup joined PHC seven months ago, excited for...
PHC Ames Medical Clinic now offers family planning services on a sliding fee scale including: Annual reproductive exams (all genders), Birth control & emergency contraception, Obstetrical and Gynecological Care, Pregnancy testing, Prenatal care, STI (sexually transmitted infection) testing and treatment, including HIV testing and treatment, and Title X Family Planning