Join PHC’s School-Based Health Clinics
Student Advisory Council
Attention Des Moines Public Schools 10th – 12th grade students! Are you passionate about advocating for better healthcare? Do you want to have a voice in making sure your school-based health clinics are the best they can be? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
PHC formed a Student Advisory Council (SAC) at the start of the 2022 school year, made up of high school students representing Des Moines Public high schools. The purpose of this council is to provide feedback and suggestions to improve adolescent healthcare services by highlighting issues and recommending changes.
- Ensure PHC’s healthcare setting is welcoming and meets the needs of young people
- Raise awareness among Des Moines Public Schools’ students that healthcare is available to them through school-based clinics.
This is an interactive leadership opportunity for students interested in a career in healthcare. Students get the chance to connect with other like-minded students, teachers, and administrators who care about improving healthcare.
To apply, you must be a 10th, 11th or 12th grader attending a Des Moines Public Schools high school. Preference will be given to 10th and 11th grade students.
- Monthly in-person meetings are required, and occasionally, we may meet twice a month (don’t worry, we can help with transportation!).
- The application deadline is May 15, 2024.
- More details about the time commitment can be found in the scope of work.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in your school community! Apply now and be a leader in improving healthcare for yourself and your peers!